Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, December 07, 2006



Religious Violence, Courtesy of the Religious Right.
Click here to take action.

Take action now and urge Wal-Mart to stop selling religious violence this holiday season.

Most disturbing is the game's apparent attempt at** religious indoctrination** - aimed at children and focused on violent, divisive, and hateful scenarios.
Click here and urge Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott to stop selling our kids religious violence.

head to the DefCon Blog to learn more about the game.

Click here to read DefCon's feature on Tim LaHaye and the end times theology.
© 2006 DefCon: Campaign to Defend the Constitutioninfo@defconamerica.org

[WA: This video is not so far fetched. History abounds with records of terrible religious cruelty and wars based on "in the Name of God" and the gentle Jesus.]

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 6:38:00 AM , Blogger Spadoman said...

    I agree that this game is sends a terrible hypocritical message. But so many other games do as well. Actually, so many products do. TV advertising is just as bad. They depict values thrust upon us that are unobtainable and unrealistic.

    WalMart sucks. So many corporations suck because they answer to stock holders that want more and more money.

    I say, don't shop there, or any place else that promotes hate. Don't buy the products of hate. Be informed. Do without or change your own habits.

    As I sit here and type on my computer, a modern electronic communications device, I am against some forms of technology. Video games is one of them. I'm trying to break the TV habit. I try not to eat packaged food, buy recycled clothing and items and other changes that will be inconvenient to me. But in the end, I may not stop Walmart, but I rest knowing I did my part.

    Boycot the game, boycot the stores, boycot hatred.

     
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:26:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Amen, Spadoman!! You said it!!

     
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:31:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Just when you think Wal-mart can't sink any lower.... I've been bi...griping about this game for awhile, too.

     
  • At Friday, December 08, 2006 3:41:00 AM , Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

    Amen! Again,

    I get SO cross about the way children are used, manipulated, brainwashed it tears me up!

    Every Anarchist I have ever worked with will agree with me ONE rule:

    "Don't twist the kids"

    With ALL it's rules this society can't even figure that one out!

     
  • At Friday, December 08, 2006 3:25:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    MD: It seems that one of the chief rules of the Rabid fundies IS twist the kids - they start brainwashing them in preschool through graduation, either in their own schools or home schooling, and in summer camps Then on to fundie, RR colleges. They program the children to be the next generation of politicians and leaders in their patient quest to achieve power.Hitler's youth programs and the Russkies' copycats don't have a thing on the RR.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home