Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Good News For a Change

Both Worried American and I have posted about the problems facing working parents today. It's difficult for all but especially for single parent households. (Notice how politically correct I've become)? It isn't just women, of course.

Looks like Kellogg is trying to help out.

* The W.K. Kellogg Foundation in Battle Creek, Mich., has awarded a $1.24 million grant to develop public policies and test projects to address the persistent lack of affordable child care and to reverse attitudes that undervalue caregivers' work in the United States. Recipients include the Washington-based Institute for Women's Policy Research, Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y., and Smart Start, a Raleigh, N.C., organization that develops early childhood education programs.

I lifted this from the Cheers and Jeers section of women's enews which comes into my mailbox each morning. The link is to their home page.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 06, 2006 2:14:00 PM , Blogger achromic said...

    oooooo that would be nice. You know what my single BIGGEST reason for leaving being a nanny..... (there were lots of little ones too).... that strippers (ugly ones TOO) made more in a week then I would EVER make in a month. Not that I became a stripper after I left..... but the disrespect that I felt from people here in the USA made me not want to do it anymore. I didn't need a lot of money but I needed to feel respect and money is part of that.

     
  • At Saturday, May 06, 2006 3:30:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Hi achromic. Left you a reply to all in your comment box.

    Ann

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home