Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, March 06, 2006

NYTimes.com: Huge Phone Deal Seeks to Thwart Smaller Rivals

The New York Times E-mail This

They're ganging up on us, folks!

BUSINESS March 6, 2006
Huge Phone Deal Seeks to Thwart Smaller Rivals
By KEN BELSON
AT&T's acquisition of BellSouth would recreate a big chunk of the Ma Bell monopoly that was broken up in 1984.


Most E-mailed
Torture and Death of Jew Deepen Fears in France
An Imam in America: A Muslim Leader in Brooklyn, Reconciling 2 Worlds
Amsterdam House: This Very, Very Old House

AOL, YAHOO, and GOODMAIL

want to begin charging .25 cants per email and editing your mail concerning what they think is spam.

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archive/004398.php

STOP AOL's EMAIL TAX http://www.eff.org

Sign letter to protest www.dearaol.com

I don't know about you but I prefer to check Spam on my email - decide for myself. Yahoo, in its infinite wisdom, often puts my newsies in the bulk box and sometimes even puts my personal emails in bulk, which annoys me. I do not trust them to choose for me what is or isn't undesirable mail. And I surely don't want to pay a quarter for each email I send nor have my emailers pay it to send to me.







1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home