Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, February 13, 2006

Email eavesdropping? Sort of

We have a new commenter, kvatch, and already I'm borrowing. I looked back to see if we had already covered it. I didn't see it and I know I didn't so here it is. Worried American, if I'm duplicating one of your posts, I apologize. Once of the girls has been messing around with my computer desk(she's a born straightener-upper) and I can't locate my cheat sheet for pasting a link into a sentence. She left me two gummy worms in return. Until I find it kvatch can be found at blogonymous.com. Worried American shows it as an actual link in her post below.

Apparently it's okay for the government to snoop through the headers of your email (but not the contents, at least not yet) without a warrant. I email many friends and family who are not only uninvolved with my political activities, but actually disagree in some cases. We remain friends and family who agree to disagree.

Does this mean that because my son's name shows up frequently, I'm putting him in jeopardy? How about my pastors? They're on my mailing list as well. Both Senators and my Congressional Representative? All the time. Actually, they'd probably love to beat down my Junior Senator's door given the opportunity.

Shades of Joe McCarthy indeed. He was finally recognized for what he was but not before innocent lives were destroyed. All in the name of freedom, of course.

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, February 13, 2006 8:28:00 AM , Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

    All this eavesdropping, all this watching, I wonder what the PTB will do once they know all we do, write or say?

    They will never know our thoughts, our emotions and never realise who and what we truly love.

    Why don't they just come right out and ask us?

    Then they might have to begin to recognise and address our legitimate concerns.

     
  • At Monday, February 13, 2006 10:17:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Welcome to my old friend Mother Damnable from London, England.

    It's wonderful to see you over on this side.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:42:00 AM , Blogger Action Now said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:53:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Welcome, mother. I am jealous. I visited your lovely city for three weeks a few years ago & wish I could come back there to live.

    I am seriously disturbed by the fact that the government can scan our email subject lines. Maybe we should start a grassroots effort to be misleading. Maybe we should put something like "One Day Course in Gun Safety" in all the subject lines--or take your choice

    Pretzel Eating Made Safe

    First Steps in Reading

    Ways to Lie Convincingly.

    All these are sure to not attract their attention.

    Am I the only one who wakes up or goes to bed some days feeling like I'm living under Stalin instead of in a republic founded by the free thinkers of the Enlightenment?

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:55:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Granny, it's ok if we duplicate sometimes. Some things bear repeating.

    No, Elizabeth, you are not alone. I think of both the Nazi Hitler as well as the Stalin regimes. I see the handwriting on the wall and it scares me to death.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:11:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Me, too. Those who forget history are likely to do the same things.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home