Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On a Lighter Note

But certainly related to my and "worried's" rants below

From the Chicago Sun-Times Quick Takes today:



News Headline: "Suddenly, feral swine are everywhere."

Not as bad as it sounds. The congressional recess will be over before you know it.


I know it's ridiculous, but if I could make one wish come true (other than peace, of course - okay two wishes) I would have every person running for public office spend one year living on the income of me and "worried". Of course, living on what they could afford on that income and eating that they can buy after paying for medication, utilities, and sundries. Even toilet paper adds up and, in my state, it's taxable although food and prescription drugs aren't.

No perks, the barest of medical care, renting of course and probably a studio. Car? Maybe, I have one. I just replaced my 14 year old van with one only 7 years old.

I have my computer because the Federal Government actually owned up to a mistake. They underpaid us for months and then caught it up all at once. Of course, we couldn't save it, that's not usually allowed, so I bought the computer. I have the only one on my block so far as I know. I do a lot of research for my neighbors.

I told "worried' in an email after I read what she'd written that maybe we should include a little personal stuff from time to time. She is much more anonymous than I but, as you can see, she has quite a story to tell.

Personal stories help show greed for what it really is. The trick is to do it without whining. My personal story is all over rocrebelgranny, the other blog, but maybe I'll include a little here from time to time. I'll also try to post some articles that, as I said, haven't already been read in 10 other places.

We political folk seem to read the same things. I recommend Stupid Country to anyone who hasn't been there and there's a guy named Gary who does a good job as well. I'll try to put the links up later.

Time to get my other two girls up for school. My oldest great-granddaughter just got on the bus.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home