Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, January 05, 2006

IMPERIAL POWERS IN PERPETUITY?

"Once governmental policy is set, it is almost impossible to overturn."

If Bush gets away with his power grab, the American people are stuck with it. If he gets away with his gestapo-like violations of civil rights, we can kiss those rights goodbye.

In perpetuity -- forever. That's how long he expects the war on terror to last.

The continuation of his powers will pass on to future presidents, bring us to have a Hitler, a Stalin, a tsar, instead of a president. An absolute ruler, as it appears that Bush wants to be now.

Inundate your Representatives with messages, protesting his actions and urging them to take away the power he has illegally assumed and those granted him by the Patriot Act. It isn't just your future; it is the future of our children, grandchildren, and generations to come.

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:13:00 AM , Blogger JBlue said...

    The choir says "Amen." (I know I keep using that line, but it's how I feel when I read a post like this.) We all need to send a message every way we can (blogs included, voting, etc.).

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:19:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Julian, I use the expression "preaching to the choir" a lot.

    I'm so grateful Worried and I finally have a choir.

    You're on the blog roll along with two other good political blogs. I'm not adding the famous ones because I think we all read them already.

    I want to help spread the word as I run across other individuals who think they're beating their heads against a wall. Don't give up.

    Ann

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home