Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Abuse of Power

If the link works, here is a column by George Will printed in the Washington Post.

When George thinks the President may have overstepped his authority, it's time for the Republicans to sit up and take notice.

He thinks spying without our knowledge and without a warrant may be okay. I don't agree. However, he goes on to say that Congress should have been consulted. With their present action on the Patriot Act and their belated concerns about security at the cost of liberty, I don't know if they would be overanxious to overturn the 4th Amendment.

In any event, the tide seems to be turning ever so slightly.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:40:00 PM , Blogger DA said...

    I understand the democrats are against an everlasting patriot act and only granted Bush 6 more months. That's good news Granny?

     
  • At Friday, December 23, 2005 12:27:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Welcome to our blog, Dimitri. Granny will have to answer for herself but I think many citizens are opposed to the broad powers granted our president under the Act.

     
  • At Friday, December 23, 2005 4:03:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Hi Dmitri

    I sent you a long email which I hope you received trying to explain our complex balance of powers and generally confusing system.

    Now I understand why I couldn't find your comment. I was looking on the wrong blog. I introduced you to the commenters on rocrebelgranny.blogspot.com today and added your name to the blogroll. Come over there and visit if you have a chance.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home