Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, January 27, 2007

What Can We Do?

I always try to catch up with reading previous posts to avoid the duplication that Worried American and I have done from time to time. I tell her great minds work together.

Bill Moyers makes a number of the same points as WA did in her post replying to Spadoman earlier today. He includes a bit of good news, at least for me. He's returning to t.v.

Life on the Plantation
By Bill Moyers
t r u t h o u t | Address

Friday 12 January 2007

Address to the National Conference for Media, Memphis, Tennessee - as prepared for delivery.

I wanted to print his entire talk but it's much too long.

What can we do? A lot if we put our small differences aside and work together . I assure you Worried American, Gadfly, and I don't always march in lockstep but we agree on the future of this country and on almost everything else. We don't let our minor differences get in the way of working toward solutions.

We mustn't despair, we mustn't give up, and above all let's please not strain at the gnat while swallowing the camel.

Or, as a well known American, Ben Franklin, said at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, "we must hang together or assuredly we will all hang separately".

Hang in there, my blogging friends.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:17:00 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

    every time i look at the counter on my blog that tells me how many days left 'he' has in office, i want to weep....it's hard to keep your chin up when asshole is sitting in the white house..

     
  • At Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:27:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    I try to not think about the number of days even though I know lots of people do the countdown.

    Makes it seem far too long. Maybe when the time gets closer, I'll join in (like watching the ball drop on New Year's eve).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home