Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Habeas Corpus - The Origin and Demise

We just received a comment from Gaea Phoenix with a link to her post about this latest assault on our liberty.

If you're anything like me, you don't always go back to all the comments on all the posts on all the blogs. Her post is excellent so I'm putting the link here for all to see.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:11:00 PM , Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

    This is not the America of my childhood. It is not the America that school made me love. Do we not (physically) protest out of fear?

    I feel lost.

     
  • At Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:29:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dawn Marie: Nor is it the government of my childhood. I understand your feelings.

    Fear? Yes. However, I fear our government far more than I fear terrorists of any stripe (including our own home grown ones). Once we were told "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" but unfortunately that is no longer true. Bush beats the terror drum but the terror emanates from the halls of government.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home