Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

OUR NEGLECTED AND ABANDONED VETERANS; WORRIED HAS ANOTHER BLOG.

I wasn't planning to open my new blog to visitors until I had completed culling posts from "This Is War" and posting articles I've been saving in folders. Granny's post on giving our veterans placebos (sugar pills) instead of real medication prompted me to prematurely open the other blog. I had posted on the same outrage several days ago. In the meantime I have added several posts with the true stories of a couple of those veterans, including that of the 19 yr. old marine that the media dubbed "The Marlboro Man".

I have noted that our readers appear not to have much interest in war news, nor do very many of the blogs I check out. There are just so many issues to address that it is difficult to devote much time and attention to everything.

I am going to reserve This Is War primarily to the Iraqi/ Afghanistani/ Middle East viewpoint and experiences. If anyone is interested, the url is http://this-is-war.blogspot.com . I will cull it of some posts; some will be moved to the other blog and some will be discarded. New posts will be added from my folders.

My new blog will address the war, our military, and veterans from the American viewpoint. It is a work in progress but I do have a few posts. The blog title is "Sacrificed for Empire" and the url is http://imperial-sacrifices.blogspot.com , reflecting my opinion that our government is building a world empire by sacrificing the lives and blood of the innocent.

I realize these blogs will not attract many readers, but that's ok. I record those entries because I want to. I have to. Back in December 2005, after I had asked Granny to join me on Is America Burning, we had few visitors. I found some quotes and emailed them to her. She in turn posted them to this blog. Concerning my new blogs, I repeat one of those quotes here:

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
Cyril Connolly.

6 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:43:00 AM , Blogger granny said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:50:00 AM , Blogger granny said...

    The war stories do take a backseat when we are being steamrolled in the domestic arena, but keep writing them so the rest of us can find them.

    Thank-you and granny.

    grannyinsanity

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:25:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    This is going to be fun.

    Granny fiddler

    Granny P.

    Me

    Granny insanity - I check her out immediately.

    There are lots of others but those are the ones I know that use granny as part of their name.

    I'll check yours out too. I'm reading everything - what I don't always have time to do is comment and I'm sure that's true of others.

    Ann (aka granny)

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:39:00 AM , Blogger Marty said...

    The vets are not the only ones being neglected. So are active duty military. My son sustained a back injury on his first tour of duty in Iraq. He was stop lossed and deployed a second time while undergoing therapy. He has an "undeployable" medical profile. His chain of command ignored the doctor's recommendations, except for the fact they have not placed him in a combat situation. He is not receiving the physical therapy he needs to recover. Congressman Gene Green is looking into the matter for him.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:04:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It isn't right nor fair to so use and abuse our troops.Unfortunately this administration has made it clear than humanity holds no meaning for him. Our troops are just "cannon fodder".,

    Congressman Gene Green appears to be a prety good rep. I live in a small, 200 unit apartment building restricted to the elderly and handicapped (no families).The majority of our tenants are African American and we have a number of veterans. Last year during Black History month I took the last week and my theme was the history of Africans/African Americans and their roles as warriors.Mr. Green was invited to attend but we had no real idea that he would or could accept. We are pretty small potatoes and most of the elderly black tenants do not vote. To our astonishment he came and even gave a brief speech praising the veterans. That was so very nice of him.Perhaps he really cares about his constituents. I sincerely hope he can exert influence to get your son back for treatment.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:37:00 PM , Blogger Gary said...

    It's a crime to go to war based on lies and deception and to execute it in a way that may well fail. It's another crime to not treat those who put their life on the line of duty with dignity, respect and proper support.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home