Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ARE YOU A FELLOW SPACE JUNKIE?

I have no illicit chemical addictions but I am addicted to a few things and I confess I'm a Space Junkie. I love every thing about space and can't get enough of the explorations and findings of "what's out there." If I could be born into a future real time of a Star Trek Generation I would depart from all I hold dear and precious to me for a chance to board an exploratory starship. The photos of outer space excite me inordinately. I love them. I am utterly fascinated by them.

That said, if anyone is interested in the total eclipse today seen in other parts of the world, click on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12045500/from/RL.1 for news, related articles and sources to view it. Lots of good stuff on there and great links and slide shows. ( When I noted the news on MSN at 2:00A.M. I clicked on link after link, absorbed in the slideshows, then decided to post it. Upon checking the url after posting, it was already gone and a MSN archive search turned up the computer version of "duuuhhh, I don't know what you're talking about." Eventually I found the above site and hope it remains good for more than a few hours. It is "Watch the eclipse on the web," has a total eclipse on video and complete coverage of the event with links to other articles. The slideshow link Month in Space, Suitrat's Space Odyssey leads you to that slideshow. At the end, click on "more space images" for a page with numerous space slideshows. Or TRY to access the url below.) MSN arouses my wrath and is earning my enmity about how quickly they archive then won't let you get to archives.

Another page that can be accessed from the url above but stands alone is http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6955261 with current news but also archives of past space presentations. It offers a variety of really great slide shows of eclipses, space, galaxies, space programs, our neighbor planets and moons in our solar family, and a closeup of the comet the probe hit (looks like a big asteroid to me). Fascinating for adults and educational for children, much more interesting than dry texts and small snaps in a school book. I'm emailing it to non-msn subscribers in my family.

If you're a space junkie, enjoy!

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    That would be Ray much more than me but I like all the Star Treks.

    I'll check the links.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:51:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    I could cut and paste your first paragraph and put my name to it. It expresses my feelings exactly. YES! My oldest son loves space, too, so we spend a lot of time pouring over books and looking things up....

    Love all the Treks, esp. DS9. I really love the show Firefly, too. I'll watch any halfway decent show or movie that deals with space. Love Sagan/Cosmos, too, even if it is dated.

     
  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:23:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Some day I'll post a picture of Ray's side of our bedroom. Absolutely covered with space goodies.

    Probably on granny though, It's the "photo" blog more than this one.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home