Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, February 20, 2006

37 Million Americans Live Below the Poverty Level

37 million Poor Hidden in the Land of Plenty. That is 12.7% of the population - the highest in the developed world. Under Geo.W. Bush an extra 5.4 million have slipped below the poverty line. Most have jobs; some have two or three. But the economy ...is having trouble providing a good wage.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11985.htm

But our president can allocate trillions to war.


2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:48:00 AM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Education is free?! I feel so stupid paying on all those student loans all these years! I didn't know. I'm going to stop paying TODAY!

    Also, now that I've had the wool removed from my eyes, that public school my son attends had better stop nickel and diming me to death. For a free institution, it's sure costing me a lot. And that property tax crap better stop right now! Thanks, 3 pats! i didn't know!

    Ah, planning for old age.... Planning, period. Three Patriots, wait until life gives you a bitch slap right across the face and you suddenly find your plan in tatters around you. When you find yourself in a situation over which you have no control, you'll know. Trust me on that one. I did everything right, and I still got screwed. Happens ALL the time. Good luck to you, though.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:05:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are right Julian; I went to school; I made plans; I did everything right, too. But I sure didn't get the silver spoon plan. As for me, I'd rather spend my tax money buying meds for old folks than blowing up the Middle East

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home