Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mark Warner for President??

I spotted a bumper sticker on a pickup truck here in central CA today. Mark Warner for President.

I haven't paid much attention to the '08 elections yet and perhaps I should start.

He's a moderate (or centrist). I checked his record on the issues important to me and he's a mix. Virginia seemed to like him. Evidently he's been in the running for a while.

I'm wondering what any of you know about him; positive or negative.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:24:00 PM , Blogger Jolly Roger said...

    You don't have to agree with me 100% of the time to get me to support you.

    Warner has a pretty common-sense approach to Iraq, for instance. And we can safely assume the wealth-transfers will at least slow down. I also suspect he might be able to get a few things done, and even if he isn't, so much the better, AFAIC.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:34:00 AM , Blogger SheaNC said...

    I'll have to do some research. I'm okay with moderates (I am one, believe it or not; I was only pegged as an extremist during the reign of the neocons). I'd like to know what his position on the Iraq war is.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:24:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Nate, thank you. That was the sense I got from reading his stand on some of the issues.

    As a previous commenter said, we don't have to agree on everything. He's a little more "blue dog" than I'd like but my Congressman founded the "blue dogs" and he's done okay overall.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:51:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    At this point? the tasmainian (sp?) devil would be an improvement!! Re Warner: I don't know much of him, but what I have seen, he impresses me as not having the horsepower (read: dirty, filthy, lying) for a national run. In short, he's too nice a guy. But then he is Governor, and I'm sure he didn't get there by winning the sunday school social, so......:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home