Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, September 15, 2008

Politics From An Alaskan's Point of View

First, please keep WA, Gadfly, and Marty (the other Houston friend who sometimes comments here) in your thoughts. Nothing that I read about the devastation in Texas is good.

Second, son Jim seems to be hanging in there in Iraq. Son Tim and his significant other are anxiously awaiting the elections and the defeat of our hate filled Propostion 8.

The great-granddaughters were here for dinner last night. They are all taller than I, even Rebecca.

Now back to what I was talking about in the first place. I received an email this morning from another moveon.org member - oops - got my friends mixed up; this one lives in Canada - directing me to this site

Mudflats is written by a woman from our east coast who settled in Alaska in the early 90's. She writes extensively and eloquently about Alaskan politics. Her focus lately is on Sarah Palin of course.

Turns out there was a huge rally of women against Palin which, she says, was never picked up by the main stream media. I certainly didn't see any coverage on the two cable news channels I watch. One of the progressive radio stations covered it - I'll have to check online because my radio reception here is terrible and the closest stations are 60 miles away in Fresno.

Check her out. Her coverage of the rally may be the only coverage we'll ever see.

Update - 2 hours later.

And then check out the first comment below which contains a link to some wonderful pictures. So does the other link but these are easier to see.

COMMENTS:
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

I saw this, and a vague, quarter page blurb I didn't even consider saving, and that was it.

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:09:00 AM

Blogger Granny said...

Thanks Dan'l. I haven't read KOS in ages. Perhaps I should end the boycott.

Monday, September 15, 2008 12:44:00 PM


Blogger Leanne said...

The cool thing is I did hear one of the organisers of the anti Palin rally interviewed about it on CBC Radio here in Canada today. yay!

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:50:00 PM


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home