Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How about some solutions?

Texas' own Molly Ivins is one of my favorite writers. Here she is today, her usual fearless self, on some solutions to the "pickle" we're in.

She begins with education. Since I have three great-granddaughters in the public school system, it's a good start. I'd lose "No Child Left Behind" which at best is a bandaid and at worst another boondoggling bureaucratic nightmare and focus on real reform. Our children are our future. We need to stop throwing them away.

My email address is posted on Granny but for anyone who didn't drift over here from there it's Ann.Adams95340@gmail.com

I'd rather see comments on here but email is okay as well.

This may work out nicely. I talk mostly about the family on Granny with a few political left hooks thrown in. This will give me a place to post items of interest to progressives as I come across them. You conservatives out there, feel free to chime in as well. This country, I hope, still encourages discussion and dissent.

This Administration has given us:

A quagmire in Iraq

Corruption, lies, and treachery at the highest level

Willingness to destroy anyone who gets in their way or dares to disagree. I have a list of names (if I can find them in my archives) which is truly frightening.

Incompetence in dealing with domestic crises such as Katrina

A determination to eliminate church/state separation and impose their "moral values" on us all as they smash several of the Commandments on their way to achieving that goal. False witness? Murder? Envy? They're all part of the Ten.

A President who has been kept so sheltered that the kindest thing I can say is that he didn't know the truth. Shame on all of them.

Molly's probably right and we're stuck with what we have until the next election. 2006 is coming up fast and meantime there are local elections where we can make a difference. Tip O'Neill was right when he said "all politics is local".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home